Regulations of the XVII International festival-workshop of film schools Kinoproba
(animation, fiction and documentary short films)
December 1-5 2020
1. The Sverdlovsk Regional Organization of the Union of Cinematographers of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Culture of the Sverdlovsk Region, the Department of Culture of the Administration of the City of Ekaterinburg, the Ural State University of Architecture and Art inform that the XVII International festival-workshop of film schools Kinoproba will be held in Ekaterinburg on December 1-5, 2020.
The festival aims to attract the attention of the general public and young people to cinema as an interesting and promising field of artistic creation. Its goal is to support the creativity of young professional filmmakers, as well as to assist in the development of international creative ties between film schools, teachers, and recognized cinema masters.
2. The festival consists of:
2.1. Competition program:
- competition of student works (fiction, non-fiction and animation shorts);
- competition of debuts (fiction, non-fiction and animation shorts);
- competition of film projects (animation);
2.2. Information program:
- screening of new films by masters of domestic and foreign cinema;
- presentations of programs of domestic and international festivals and studios.
2.3. Educational program:
- conferences, round tables, seminars, lectures on the history, theory and practice of cinema;
- workshops and master-classes.
3. Participation in the festival:
3.1. Student works and debuts of 2019-2020 release years can take part in the competition program.
3.2. Film schools are granted the right to pre-screen their programs independently before entering the competition program. The final decision on the inclusion of films in the competition program is made by the Directorate of the festival based on the evaluation of the selection committee of the festival.
3.3. The maximum duration of the film is 30 minutes.
3.4. Films are received via the Internet, through file hosting services, cloud services or services for hosting videos that enable the file download.
3.5. Films are registered with the Directorate from April 7, 2020 to October 10, 2020 according to the completed application on the festival website and provided copies of the film. In the application for participation, the author must fill in all the required items of the form, including his contacts, and also indicate the name of the film school or studio where the work was created. Applications that do not have all the required items (lack of subtitles, poor video quality, lack of contact information of the author of the film, etc.) are not considered. One author may submit several of his works for consideration, however the festival management reserves the decision on their admission to the competition program.
3.6. Films of extremist content are not accepted.
4. The festival undertakes to show the submitted films only in the programs of the festival and not more than 3 times, as stipulated by international rules. For information about the festival on television, excerpts from the film can be provided for a total duration of no more than 30 seconds.
5. To evaluate the competition program a professional jury is created, which works according to the rules of the festival and awards:
- Grand Prix of the festival
- Prize for the best film school program
- Prize for the best debut (fiction, non-fiction and animation)
- Prize for the best student work (fiction, non-fiction and animation)
- Prize for the best animation project
- Special Jury Diplomas
- The Audience Award (awarded on the basis of the audience rating of films determined by conducting a questionnaire survey)
- Special prizes that can be awarded by the organizers or sponsors of the festival
6. To evaluate the competition program a student jury is created, which works according to the regulations of the Festival and awards:
- The main prize of the student jury
- Special diplomas of the student jury
7. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of the terms of its Regulations.
8. Contacts of the Directorate of the festival:
620075 Russia, Ekaterinburg, Lunacharskogo Street, 137,
XVI International festival-workshop of film schools Kinoproba.
Phone: +7 (343) 350-66-16; fax 355-37-38